I am not an insider at BAMA and I do my best to not post premium info from any other site. To get the most up to date and accurate info on BAMA go to - BAMA on LINE - or - Tider Insider - I enjoy being am a member of both sites as IMHO they are both well worth the money.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Coach Bryant's Football.

This was sent to me from a good friend via email.

VERY neat story.

This was originally posted on TI - perhaps the best place in the world to discuss ALABAMA football.

The Post/email
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> As most of you know I am currently working at Bryant Denny stadium. On
> the plaza that is the size of 2 football fields, we will have 5, one
> and a half size bronze statues of the four national championship
> coaches in Alabama history and one future pedestal. We have removed an
> old fraternity house and four to five feet of dirt over this entire
> huge site over the past few months. We have found nothing of any
> significance underground the whole time. Today when the contractor
> started digging the small 3ft. by 3ft. foundation for the third statue
> which will be coach Bryant's statue, he unearthed a Rawlings football!
> It isnt old and it isnt even leather, but it was buried approximately
> 5 ft. deep below the original surface in the precise spot that coach
> Bryant's statue will be placed.
>
> I know this sounds like a hoax but I saw it with my own eyes and can
> assure you it's true. Roll Tide!
>
> Photos attached.
> Tim Guthrie
> Brice Building Co.
> Bryant Denny Stadium Plaza Project